Calm borders

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Almost Ready to Go

Okay...since my last couple of posts were more educational and a little heavy, this post is will be a little lighter.  We are leaving early tomorrow morning and finalizing the packing tonight.   I cannot believe how many electronic devises we are taking but if we get bored on our 20 hours of travel, it will not be for lack of trying to stay entertained the whole trip.   Conner celebrated his 9th birthday on August 9 and so happy to finally get his "laptop" where he can play games, watch movies, and study his math?


Tommy has loaded up his Nook with a library's worth of reading and games and other applications.  I have my Ipod and a couple of magazines.  I know that I will be zoning out watching whatever  shows/movies Delta airlines decides to entertain us with. 

But I know that we are prepared for our travels due to the kindness of my colleagues at work who made sure that we had enough Purell, Antiseptic wipes, shoe protectors, face masks in case we run into an epidemic, snacks, air freshners for the hotel rooms, and a little bubbly to celebrate ....:all gifted up in a nice basket :-) 


Tommy's colleagues surprised him with a beautiful cake today and gift card.... the sugar in the cake will be helpful to Tommy so he can get through a long night of finishing up work items, closing up the house for a couple of weeks and making sure that we are all packed and ready to go at 7am when my sister Joy comes to take us to the airport.



We really appreciate al the support and warm wishes from our families, friends, neighbors and colleagues!  It has been wonderful catching up with so many of you. 

Let the journey begin.....

1 comment:

  1. I will be keeping you in our prayers and can't wait to keep up with your journey. This experience will be amazing for you all. Enjoy all the moments- because they are just that, moments and they go so fast! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete